Candle Care and FAQs
Tips for Candle Care:
- Keep your candle lit for at least two hours to ensure you get an even burn, but no more than four hours, to maximize your burn time.
- Make sure to trim your wick to 1/4 of an inch after each use to avoid soot and uneven burning.
- Do not move your candle for at least one hour after blowing it out.
- Never leave a lit candle unsupervised, close to flammable items, or in reach of children or pets.
- When your candle has burned down to about an inch of wax, it's time to stop burning
- All QCC containers are recyclable and reusable. Wash yours out with soap and hot water to give it new life!
What are your candles made with?
Our candles are made of soy wax. Our fragrances are derived from essential oils and mixed with other non-toxic organic compounds to make the scent throw more strongly throughout a room. There are strict global standards set in place for the safe use of fragrance ingredients, so anything that is not strictly natural (essential oil) is non-toxic and all of our candles are phthalate-free.
What can I do with the container when the candle finishes?
Our candles are soy wax, so the container is easily cleaned out with hot water and soap. We repurpose tins as planters, jewelry holders, spice jars, etc!
My candle was damaged in the mail, can you replace it?
If any QCC products are damaged in shipping just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of the damaged item and the box it was shipped in and we will send you a replacement ASAP!
Do you accept returns?
We do not accept returns or exchanges for online or in person purchases.
My candle shipment has not been delivered yet - what can I do?
We ask that folks be patient as USPS is experiencing a higher than ever before seen volume of packages. While we keep our processing time as short as possible to get our products out to you quickly, once your package is in the hands of the Postal Service we cannot guarantee that it arrives in a timely fashion.
If your package is marked “Pre-Shipment” it has already been taken to USPS. Every step of the shipment process is currently delayed, so the package is at their facility waiting to be scanned in.
If your package is marked “Delivered,” please check everywhere you can around your home or building and keep an eye out for a package slip. If within 48 hours of being marked “delivered” you still have not received your package please send us an email at email@example.com.
Due to extended USPS delays we need to wait at minimum a week before sending out replacement packages as most shipments make it to their destination by the end of that time.